This role holds responsibility for leading the category and vendor management team to seamlessly procure all goods and services, through strategic sourcing, contract management, supplier performance management and related support roles. It delivers upon our procurement value proposition ensuring our people excel at acquiring fit for purpose goods and services, achieving value for money within a transparent governance framework.
The role will work closely with senior business leaders to influence sourcing decisions, and is a complex and sizeable position requiring you to:
- Lead and oversee the establishment and ongoing success of category management practices, defining the overall category management strategy
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies using focused industry analysis, business and market knowledge and sourcing expertise
- Oversee the implementation of a category management framework including strategic procurement and supplier relationship and performance management
- Drive productivity and cost efficiencies by identifying and executing strategies and opportunities while maintaining value for money and customer satisfaction
- Foster a culture that appropriately models the vision, values and commitments of the department, leading and coaching employees to enable a high performing team
- Participate in long-term planning for strategic procurement, including system capabilities, and overall organisational strategy in collaboration with internal and external customers and vendors
While a tertiary qualification in IT, Business or similar is ideal, your considerable experience in sourcing and procurement across a variety of sectors and industries will demonstrate your capacity to bring a breadth of knowledge and skill to Cenitex in a time of departmental and organisational change. As such, your customer-focused change leadership will be essential to achieving long-term outcomes for the business.
Your leadership toolkit will support your ability to develop the capability of your team, influence business stakeholders and creatively solve problems. Importantly, you will be able to envisage a future state procurement function that is fit for purpose and flexible to adapt to constantly changing business and market conditions. Your ability to implement it in conjunction with your supportive team and GM is imperative.
You will have delivered to deadlines consistently throughout your career, and your expertise in ICT procurement will ensure you are well equipped to excel in this role.
Cenitex brings together the best technology and the best people to keep the Victorian Government operating, connected and working for the community 24/7.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do and our goal is to provide reliable, robust and contemporary services and technology so the departments, agencies and over 35,000 employees we work with, can deliver for the Victorian Public.
All employment is subject to satisfactory National Police Record Check and the right to live and work in Australia.