Indigenous Partnership Project - Coordinator Indigenous Partnerships and Engagement
Mallee Catchment Management Authority (CMA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Indigenous Partnership Project – Coordinator Indigenous Partnerships and Engagement
We are an agile organisation committed to delivering high quality services for our community and stakeholders. We manage the region’s natural resources in an integrated and ecologically sustainable way. We currently have exciting, challenging and meaningful roles available with our organisation as part of The Living Murray program.
Working in partnership with Traditional Owners and the wider indigenous community, this position will facilitate the involvement of stakeholders in icon site management processes and ensure cultural knowledge and values are captured and shared within the project’s lifecycle. This position will have a primary focus on activities within the Lindsay Mulcra Wallpolla Island landscape in Victoria between Mildura and the South Australian border; and will support facilitation of similar activities within the Hattah Lakes site.
Your role in coordinating crucial engagement with Traditional Owners and local communities is at the heart of the Living Murray program and will see you connecting with some of the most culturally and environmentally significant reaches of the River Murray in Victoria.
The role offers:
- Secure full-time employment in a great regional location (Mildura).
- Exciting projects that are making a positive difference to the environment enhanced by indigenous values and objectives.
- A mix of office-based and field work within some of the best locations in the Victorian Mallee.
- Travel and direct involvement in program and engagement forums.
- Opportunity to further build on established relationships with the local Indigenous Community and the local Registered Aboriginal Party.
A negotiable salary range for the right candidate starting at $92,000 plus superannuation, based on a 2-year contract with extension subject to funding and in accordance with the Mallee CMA Enterprise Agreement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
A position description and full details on how to apply are available from malleecma.com.au/jobs-tenders; by contacting Deanne Kontrec on (03)5051 4377; or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are to be addressed to Human Resources and emailed to email@example.com by 5.00pm Sunday 27th September 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Sep 2020
- VIC - Mildura
- Starting at $92,000 plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management