Manager Asset Strategy
Manager Asset Strategy
- Shape the future of water and sewerage assets in Tasmania
- Develop your engineering and asset management experience through exposure to a wide variety of infrastructure assets while working with a state-wide organisation
- Location: opportunity based in either the North, North West or South of the state
As TasWater’s Manager Asset Strategy, you will lead the development of the asset management systems for water and sewerage network assets. This will be achieved by linking corporate objects with Asset Management policies and the Strategic Asset Management Plan. You will be responsible for enabling confident decision-making through the development of asset strategies that contribute to a better outcome for TasWater customers, the Tasmanian community and the environment.
Key challenges in this role include:
- Leading the development and maintenance of the asset management system, including the interaction between the Asset Management Plan and Strategic Asset Management Plan
- Developing asset management techniques for determining asset strategy around water, wastewater, network, treatment plant and storage assets
- Manage yield licenses and interact with stakeholders to achieve best outcomes for TasWater
- Lead the development of Growth and Capacity Plans
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent competency
- Demonstrated experience in developing asset management frameworks and systems (ISO 55000 series or similar)
- Proven success leading a team of Asset Managers to deliver tangible business outcomes
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day, as the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state.
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and gives our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
It is our people who play an integral role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. TasWater encourages our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with an emphasis on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
Please include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application.
Applications Close 28 February 2017
- Closing Date:
- 28 Feb 2017
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Assets and Operations