$89,674 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Valuation Program Manager, your role as the Valuations Data Coordinator will be to manage the operational relationship with State agency responsible for statutory rating valuations and the City of Melbourne.
You will plan and set the annual program for valuation data maintenance and supplementary valuation production and valuation data enhancement generally. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manage a diverse range of tasks and unrelated data sources to deliver a singular source and instruction to service providers
- Manage the day to day relationship with internal teams, Valuer General Victoria and their contractors to ensure seamless operation of the Council’s valuation/rate base
- In conjunction with other internal teams, set the work agenda for Valuer General Victoria service delivery of supplementary valuations
- Ensure consistency between State’s valuation record and Council’s valuation data
- Manage the relationship and performance of the Valuer General Victoria contractors applicable to any agreement with Council
- Make recommendations on the need for supplementary valuations on data enhancements
- Provide direction and leadership to direct reports and maximise financial outcomes of database accuracy and forecasting
- Manage the software arrangements and continually seek innovative enhancements to ensure timely delivery and continuous improvement of processing valuation data
- Coordinate the liaison with City of Melbourne staff, contractors and rate payers
- Report annually on valuation objection and appeals completed by Valuer General Victoria.
To be successful in this role you will bring your proven experience in a similar role as well as your strong stakeholder management, negotiation, organisation and time management skills. In return you will have the opportunity to work for a proactive community focused organisation in the world’s second most liveable city.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Completion of a relevant formal degree qualification in property, economics, spatial science or data management with some relevant experience, or less formal education and substantial experience to an equivalent standard.
- Ability to build good rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of valuation best practice and relate legislative provisions
- Demonstrable working knowledge of land survey, real estate tenure and transaction, planning scheme interpretation
- Understanding of how geographic informative technology can improve mass valuation outcomes.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Jeremy McCartin, Valuation Program Manager (City Valuer)
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.