Metro moves you around Melbourne.
Job description:We are currently seeking an Engineering Interface Coordinator to join the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team (RPVP) assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership. This role will sit within the Rail Infrastructure Alliance work package. About the Role The Interface Coordinator position exists to support the engineering successful interface between the Alliance, Metro and other third parties to support the delivery of a large scale complex project on Metro's behalf. The role will be responsible for supporting the governance and stakeholder management towards collaborative resolution of technical and non-technical issues to ensure the best outcomes for the Alliance/Project and Metro.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
- Support change and requirements management, regulation and compliance clarity, timelines and deliverables negotiations with stakeholders in the Alliance/Project, across Metro and with various council, regulatory and government representatives
- Support the management of disruption occupation, works readiness, subcontractors, train control, signalling, financial reporting, programming schedules, dashboards and reporting.
- Provide management and engineering support (relevant to the project life cycle stage) which will vary and include scope, planning, costing, design, construction, implementation, change and risk management, testing and commissioning, contract management, completions, TOC development and submissions, rail safety requirements and rail accreditation protection
- Support the facilitation of the integration and functionality of system architecture to meet Metro requirements (such as works readiness requirements)
- Advisory support and technical inputs into project delivery activities as required (such as signal maintenance) and interpret policy and standards and the application to the project
- Support the development, delivery management, and review of progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required.
- Support the review and approval of construction documentation for the Alliance/Project on Metro’s behalf and other responsibilities allocated by the project/alliance against performance targets beyond Metro’s
- Support the identification, engagement and maintenance of strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Alliance/Project, externally and within Metro to ensure that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained
- Support effective communicate to Rail Systems stakeholders and contribute to maximising the value of technical and managerial knowledge base in accordance with Alliance/Project and Metro objectives.
- Represent Metro positively in the Alliance, the community and relevant government and industry bodies
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering and/or Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate for key outcomes through strong stakeholder management
- Experience of engagement across multi - disciplinary organisations and stakeholder groups
- Min 2 years’ experience in Rail Project Engineering Construction or similar multi-discipline industry
- 2+years demonstrated experience in Project Management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Applications close 12 March 2021. Please note that shortlisting may occur prior to the closing date.
For more information, please contact Yvette Michael- Talent Acqusition Specialist.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.