$125,138 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Events Melbourne manages a multi-million operational budget, interacts and supports over 200 city stakeholders, and injects over $45 million in economic impact into the municipality on an annual basis.
The Marketing team in the Event Melbourne Branch is responsible for the execution of strategic brand, marketing and communications strategies for five Premier Events that promote brand engagement, enhance customer experience and re-enforce City of Melbourne’s reputation as a globally recognised and locally loved Events Capital.
Your role will be to manage and lead a team of six, and will be responsible for leading and developing annual marketing plans to achieve the strategic direction for each Premier Event including: Melbourne Fashion Week, Moomba Festival, New Year’s Eve and Melbourne Music Week.
You will be a key member of the Events Melbourne Leadership team whereby you will contribute to the development of the four year Branch Business Strategy and work collaboratively to ensure the overall business success of the Branch. The position is directly responsible for developing and implementing the teams strategic and operational plans.
The position acts as the principal conduit between the Events Branch and the Corporate Affairs and Strategic Marketing (CASM) Branch, ensuring alignment to the City of Melbourne’s corporate brand strategy, as well as overseeing planning and production elements for premier events.
You will develop strategic alliances with external stakeholders and media organisations in collaboration with the Commercial Manager to support and promote City of Melbourne’s premier events.
Given the high profile of Events Melbourne, to be successful in the role your previous and relevant marketing and leadership experience will see you hit the ground running, identifying opportunities to drive the business and achieve results. You will bring an innovative approach, strong commercial and business acumen and be capable of generating market driven strategies based on audience insights and industry trends. Understanding the importance of creating and maintaining effective and trusting relationships both within and outside the organisation is essential to the success of the role.
A collaborative and engaging style is critical to the role along with your demonstrated experience with people leadership.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be a part of this dynamic team, take full ownership and have strong input into its direction!
To be successful in this position, You will have…
- Relevant Tertiary Degree (marketing or similar) together with related senior level industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of marketing plans and associated project, resource and budget plans
- A sound understanding of the role of major events in delivering on key Capital City economic, social and sustainability objectives
- Superior written, oral communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present campaign strategies and influence stakeholder opinion
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at all levels and a sound understanding of stakeholder needs
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve high performance outcomes with strong coaching skills to develop team capabilities and the ability to effectively manage conflict and under performance
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a changing environment and delivering high volume outcomes working collaboratively and engaging with internal and external teams and stakeholders.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume, optional
- attach a separate cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience and background (no more than one page)
Please address your covering letter to Ian Sumpter, Commercial and Marketing Executive Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.