Senior Research Officer - Statistician - [Archived Advertisement]
Cancer Council Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Join a large and dedicated research team
- Make a significant contribution to epidemiological research
- Full-time fixed term position for 12 months– St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Conduct statistical analysis for major research programs across the Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The purpose of the Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division (CEID) is to progress the cancer control objectives of the Cancer Council by developing and maintaining high quality resources for epidemiological research and to maintain national and international recognition for excellence in epidemiological research and scholarship.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Research Officer – Statistician to join the CEID. Reporting to the Team Leader – Statistical Analysis Cluster, your role is to:
- Analyse existing data from programs and studies and contribute to the writing of scientific papers for publication in peer reviewed journals and grant applications
- Provide technical reports to senior staff and external collaborators and stakeholders, and deliver sound technical advice on statistical methods
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A Master’s Degree in biostatistics or epidemiology or in a related discipline and demonstrated experience in carrying out statistical analysis in relevant areas
- A proven record of achievement in scholarly research with an ability to perform appropriate statistical analyses for epidemiological research projects and write scientific reports, papers and grant applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other researchers as part of a team
- Experience working with R statistical software would be considered favourably
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $66,644 - $74,930 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Roger Milne on (03) 9514 6293.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Applications close 19 February 2017
- Closing Date:
- 19 Feb 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- $66,644 - $74,930 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card
- Work Type:
- Full Time