We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced, dynamic and talented senior contracts and commercial/projects lawyer to join our high performing WaterNSW Legal Team. In this role you will provides advice to WaterNSW on a broad range of contracts and commercial legal matters and projects, including legal strategy, construction and maintenance contracts, general corporate and commercial advice, privacy, information communication and technology, intellectual property, and dispute resolution.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- proactively identifying legal risks and providing timely and effective legal advice/assistance to the WaterNSW executive and a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- provide strategic and technically sound legal advice to enable WaterNSW to assess legal risks and make sound decisions on complex contractual and commercial matters.
- reviewing, negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts and project agreements;
- overseeing the efficient delivery of external legal service providers who may be appointed to assist with maters from time to time;
- supporting the delivery of ongoing training to business units and the development and implementation of legal initiatives
Skills and Qualifications required:
- tertiary qualifications in law, and hold (or be eligible to hold) a NSW practicing certificate;
- 5+ years of post-qualification legal experience, gained in a top-tier law firm or in an in-house environment;
- demonstrated ability to handle matters independently and navigate ambiguity and complexity in a fast paced environment;
- pro-active, agile mindset and strong problem solving and influencing skills;
- experience in working, and building successful relationships, with all levels of stakeholders, including senior executives;
- ability to synthesise complex concepts and explain legal subject-matter in a pragmatic and commercially sound/easy to understand manner; and
- previous exposure in each of the areas of law detailed above.
- Attractive remuneration package
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 7 June 2022