We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW has a number of opportunities across the state of NSW within our capital renewals program for Project Engineers and is seeking applications from interested and suitably qualified applicants.
As a Project Engineer, you will provide engineering expertise to ensure solutions are identified, developed and implemented while using WaterNSW project delivery frameworks and tools. You will work with Project Managers and oversee all the technical aspects in assigned projects, which includes planning for and managing the development of design, engineering and technical specifications and ensuring that the specifications, applicable legislation and standards are met. You will contribute to and support the development of project planning and delivery documentation, business cases, project scoping and briefs, implementation, reporting, and handover documentation.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary institution in Civil / Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. (as per PD)
- Knowledge of assets relevant to WaterNSW core asset base such as dams, water regulating structures, bridges, roads, canals, embankments, buildings and cranes etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards including WHS as they relate to the design and delivery of engineering projects
- Demonstrated experience in planning engineering and design activities, construction activities, site work and project completions would be well regarded
- Experience working collaboratively and making decisions with stakeholders to review, analyse, negotiate and implement technical solutions
- Ability to interpret, assess and review engineering designs, drawings and construction and other methodologies to ensure compliance with standards and to meet required objectives.
- Knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2, or a keen willingness to learn Project Management methodologies
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Engineers who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full Project delivery lifecycle, and is able to undertake regular travel around NSW.
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- 9 day fortnight
- Hybrid approach – work from home and office
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent chance to grow in a high profile organisation and role
We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 4th February 2022