At Service NSW the customer is at the heart of our decisions, helping to shape our products to be more customer centric. This exciting opportunity is to become part of our Product and Digital team, where you can work on products that will make a difference to everyday lives of NSW citizens. You will be apart of all aspects of product design and user research within an agile environment to deliver products that provide exceptional customer value.
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Principal Product Designer leads end-to-end product design through discovery, framing and iterative development and collaborates closely with a team of Engineers, Product Manager and other subject matter experts. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, customer empathy, humility and an appreciation for lean start-up, agile and user-centred design values, principles and practices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Designing and carrying out user testing and other user research activities
- Providing expert, specialist advice to the Product Owner, clients and stakeholders on the application of best practice in product design and delivery of innovative and user-centred product applications, software and solutions
- Staying up-to-date on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends
- Developing product design artefacts including customer journey maps, services design blueprints and solution prototypes
- Defining future state vision and value proposition for product design, using customer centric design thinking and related design and innovation methodologies
- Leadership and mentoring of Junior designers, as well as taking ownership of Projects
- Experience in UI, visual design and UX and delivery of complex product solutions for customer service delivery environments
- A portfolio of design work that is clear and professional
- Experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Extensive experience with data visualisation, branding, visual identity and testing designs with users
- Experience and preference for working in collaborative, cross functional team including engineers and Product Managers.
- Experience coaching and mentoring less experienced designers
- Empathy and passion for our customer, the citizens of NSW
About Service NSW
Established in 2013, at Service NSW our vision is to be recognised as the distinctive leader in the provision of government services to the citizens of New South Wales, and we are passionate about delivering a positive customer service experience! Our Product and Digital Team are at the forefront of these positive customer interactions and are leading the way forward for Governments around the globe.
SNSW Grade 11/12- The package includes base salary range of $135,444 - $162,943, plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For further information, please refer to the Role Description or contact Megan Sayers for further insight into our requirements: Megan.Sayers@service.nsw.gov.au
How to apply:
To apply for this role you need to submit an application through the NSW Government job site http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.
When applying you MUST:
Provide a cover letter and resume that details your experience and how you meet the capabilities of the role. Please note that your employment at Service NSW is subject to a satisfactory national criminal record check.
For a confidential discussion about this role, or the Service NSW recruitment process, please contact Megan Sayers,n Recruitment Partner, Service NSW, by email at: Megan.Sayers@service.nsw.gov.au or over the phone on 8059 2364.
Part of the assessment process includes additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013. A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 12 months. Employment to Service NSW is subject to a satisfactory national criminal record check.
Service NSW is passionate about building a culture that values and supports diversity and inclusion. Service NSW encourages applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you are a person with disability and need adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment team via email on email@example.com.
For any technical assistance in submitting your application via ‘I work for NSW’ please email firstname.lastname@example.org.