Service NSWStrategic Finance ManagerLocation:
Head Office - HaymarketEmployment Type:
Full time Duration:
Temporary (End date June 2019) with the opportunity to be extended or become ongoing About Service NSW
At Service NSW our vision is to be recognised as the distinctive leader in the provision of government services to the citizens of New South Wales, and we are passionate about delivering a positive customer service experience!
We are seeking an individual with broad business strategy expertise to join our team as a Strategic Finance Manager, where you will be involved in developing financial strategies for project streams across the Easy to do Business (EtdB) function/program. You will be responsible for managing end-to-end program financials, financial modelling, forecasting, program procurement and dependencies across a $20M program. You will exercise sound judgment and discretion whilst being adaptable to changing priorities in an agile environment.
As a Strategic Finance Manager, you’ll use your skills to:
As a Strategic Finance Manager, you’ll have:
- Work with the Executive Director and Program Manager to establish and manage budgets and expenditure forecasts for stream projects and the overall program, to ensure delivery within agreed budget allocation.
- Monitor and report on project budgets, including preparation of status reports for use by the Program Manager.
- Provide senior management with analysis and commentary on business unit performance and cost/benefit analysis for proposed initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of confidential briefing notes related to the EtdB Program and its performance, for consideration by the CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop and write business cases for consideration by the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and Treasury.
- Analyse and validate information provided by vendors and align to budgets and forecasts.
- Contribute to the development of long-term strategies and financial models to improve planning and budgeting.
- Ensure accounting activities comply with relevant legal, professional and ethical standards.
- Experience managing complex financial modelling for individual projects and programs.
- Relevant experience in projects and management activities in a government or large private sector organisation (experience within a Government context will be highly regarded).
- Experience developing business cases, briefing papers and information packs related to program financials and specific programs for presentation to Executive Leadership Team and Treasury.
- In-depth understanding of business and financial metrics, and the ability to understand the implications of business plans and initiatives on financial outcomes.
- Degree qualifications in accounting, commerce or in a similar discipline and qualified, or working towards CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience in management accounting activities including budget management, forecasting, planning and reporting
To learn more about this opportunity please click here to download the Role Description
SNSW Grade 11/12 - The package includes a base salary range of $132,140 - $158,969, plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave leading. When applying you need to:
Provide a covering letter and an up to date resume clearly detailing your skills, experience and achievements as relevant to this position.
How to apply:
Applications can only be submitted electronically online through the NSW Government job site http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au
Applications close on Sunday 28 January 2017 [11:59 pm]
Appointment to this position is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
For any questions related to technical difficulties associated with lodging an expression of interest, please contact the support line on 1800 562 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.