Company description:Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city's metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community's vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you're headed across the city, whenever you want to go.Job description:Position Purpose Statement
We are currently seeking a MTM Risk & System Safety Assurance Advisor for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project based in CBD and Richmond.. In this role you will implement control of MTM risk management and system safety assurance processes and strategies to nominated projects to identify and minimize all forms of risk and maximise opportunities on behalf of the MTM Risk & Safety Systems Assurance Manager (MLXRT), within the Sothern Program Level Crossings Removal Alliance.Functional Responsibilities Risk Management:
* On nominated projects, develop and maintain risk registers, and support the Alliances overall Master Change Register, covering all facets of risk including safety, financial, operational, environmental reputational, design and construction etc. for all projects being developed under the Southern Program Alliance
* On nominated topics, facilitate risk workshops and generate risk registers and risk reports as required for all facets of risk.
* Champion the MTM integrated risk management process, and projects assurance framework within the MTM Projects Division.
* Ongoing consultation with relevant peers and stakeholders to ensure that MTM risk owners can accept the safety arguments presented by the Alliance, and be willing to accept new projects into the business
* Two-way information exchange and consultation with MTM project stakeholders on risk management activities.
* Ensure emerging risks and changes in ongoing risks are brought to the attention of the MTM Risk & System Safety Assurance Manager (MLXRT).
* Liaise with relevant non-MTM project stakeholders (i.e. designers, contractor's) to ensure deployment of MTM's risk management requirements and strategies within the Alliance.
* Preparation of written reports and verbal presentations when required.
* Be able to demonstrate a meaningful risk reduction focus, through contributions to the design process. System Safety Assurance:
* Compliance with MTM's system safety assurance requirements at the project level
* Provide assurance to the SERQ Manager and the Project Director that the project is managing safety SFAIRP
* Provide guidance to project team members to ensure that their responsibilities to comply with the MTM Projects Assurance Framework, MTM Risk Management and MTM Governance processes are clearly understood Qualification, Skills and Experience
* A tertiary qualification in a relevant field is required (e.g. Engineering, Industrial Safety, risk management)
* Experience facilitating risk assessment workshops and identification of risk reduction strategies is required
* Risk Management qualifications will be considered favourably
* Demonstrated experience in projects incorporating safety risk management in design;
* Risk management in a construction environment is desirable
* Working knowledge of safety-related standards
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please Submit your application COB 30 August 2019
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.