Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is a statutory authority that acts as a system authority for all public transport and an advocate for public transport users. We are a single contact point for customers wanting information on public transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. PTV aims to improve public transport in Victoria by ensuring better coordination between modes, facilitating expansions to the network, auditing public transport assets, promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
To put this in perspective:
- We have a hand in over half a billion trips across the public transport network annually
- We facilitate 1.6 million trips a day
- We move hundreds of thousands of people around the state daily
In practical terms, we move people towards many of life's most meaningful experiences, whether it be work, education, social engagements, play, or Melbourne's key attractions (e.g. Australian open, AFL games, Royal Melbourne show... take your pick). When masses of people need to get from point A to point B - know that PTV has played a role. While our core business is public transport, we are also working toward a much bigger, longer-term and impactful agenda. We are contributing toward Victoria's liveability and economic development.
While we are continuing to learn and improve, we do in-fact pull off some pretty amazing things. So, If contributing toward Victoria's future excites you, take this ad as an invite to come and work with us.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
About the role
The Manager, Contract Management deals effectively with contract managers to establish the Procurement Branch as an authoritative source of contract management advice and coaching across the organisation. The role is responsible for implementing and monitoring effective internal controls to enable tracking and management of contract performance, value for money outcomes, contract variations and disputes. The role is also responsible for developing strong internal and external relationships ensuring continued contract compliance, providing expert contract management advice, coaching and training material across the business and driving continuous improvement and contract performance outcomes.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Demonstrated leadership and experience of managing teams to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people to adopt changes
- Ability to work with a high level of delegated authority and to make strategic, confident and accurate decisions that will positively impact on the operations of PTV.
- Analytical and results orientated approach to improving contract management performance and working collaboratively with stakeholders across PTV.
- Commercially astute with experience of managing or sourcing a broad range of contract models.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- People management experience.
- A university degree in a business, project management, facilities management or legal discipline or demonstrable experience at a similar level is mandatory.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents when you hit "APPLY". If you have any questions specific to the role, please email PTV Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 11:59 P.M. SUNDAY, 1 July 2018.
PTV is committed to attracting the best talent and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.