About the role
The position serves as the leader for the planning, strategy and governance of technology systems and services for all enterprise business functions. This planning, strategy, engagement-centered senior manager role is seen as the most trusted partner of the CIO in leading IT to become a business-oriented organisation.
The position provides leadership for the cross-functional management of information and technology across the enterprise. The role develops IT strategy, governance, performance management and the definition of IT ways of working (for example, common methodologies, processes, and tools for developing and operating IT).
This position is also responsible for developing IT capabilities, such as business architecture, enterprise change management and business relationship management and assurance.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Exceptional knowledge and practical work experience in undertaking IT Planning and Enterprise Architecture using industry capability models.
- Significant experience within the IT industry, with hands on experience in information system design.
- Extensive knowledge of ICT planning and operations, design, and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
- Strong ability to draft correspondence, complex reports and other documentation.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Exceptional understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
Desirable (will be well suited to the role)
- A postgraduate or masters qualification in Management.
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities within ICT discipline
- A Tertiary qualification in Information Technology Systems or a related field.
- Five or more years in strategy/planning and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents. If you have any questions specific to the role, please email email@example.com
Applications close: 11:59 P.M. Sunday, 7 January 2018
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.