- Are you a passionate and customer orientated Ticketing leader in events/venues?
- Do you thrive on operating end to end - contributing to the successful running of events from planning right through to delivery?
Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) is the heart of sports and entertainment in Australia! We are proud to host an extensive range of events, most notably the Australian Open, along with high profile artists and events such as Katy Perry, Drake, Bruce Springsteen and Disney on Ice. We also look after several high-profile sporting teams including; Melbourne United, Melbourne Storm and Melbourne Victory. We strive to deliver world-class experiences for our clients through our venues and facilities at Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park, Hisense Arena, Margaret Court Arena and the Melbourne Park Function Centre.
At M&OP we are passionate about delivering memorable customer experiences every person, every event, every time. How do we do this? By seeking out the best talent to build a high performing, integrated organisation that is passionate about creating unforgettable memories for our guests.
We are looking to welcome a Ticketing Manager to our team in a full time, permanent capacity. The Ticketing Manager is responsible for leading a team of Account Managers and Coordinators to deliver end to end ticketing operations for events held at all venues throughout the M&OP precinct. We are seeking a commercially minded, energetic, proactive, individual with an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to multi-task. To be successful in this role you will be a strategic thinker and an effective communicator (written and verbal) who will excel at leading teams in a highly pressured environment to successful outcomes on a large-scale involving key stakeholders.
The role works closely with our ticketing partner, to implement best practice models and processes that continually improve outcomes for our clients (hirers), guests and venues.
Our thriving precinct operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To be successful in this role you and your team will balance the requirements of event planning and the delivery of ticketing operations at events which often take place in the evenings and on weekends.
As a Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The planning and delivery of all aspects of ticketing for events held at M&OP, including the leadership, support and management of the ticketing department.
- Supervision of all aspects of ticketing service and operations from conception to delivery on event dates
- Act as a key resource for all internal and external ticketing related queries for M&OP and provide input and direction to the future development of M&OP’s ticket services
- Provide on job training, coaching and feedback to the ticketing team, both individually and as a team, in both functional and operational capacities
- Provide information and strategic advice to hirer regarding ticketing pricing, sales and projections throughout the event’s lifecycle
- Drive improved ticketing procedures and practices whilst developing and executing ticketing initiatives to optimize M&OP services
- Work collaboratively to lead and champion operational improvements and strategic changes in the organisation
- Recommend safety process improvements and implementation
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the delivery and/or execution of mainstream ticketing services to large and complex events and/or venues
- Proven industry experience; both in delivery of ticketing services / operations for events and client management
- Sound commercial acumen with an understanding of revenue and cost drivers that impact on profitability
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on benchmarking and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to interpret and deliver on organisational strategic requirements
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in positive, developmental leadership and training of teams
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressured environment, with competing priorities, stakeholders and deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Regular social gatherings, reward and recognition events
- On-site car parking
- On site cafes
- Flexible work options
- Tailored learning, growth and development opportunities
- Annual development plans to help you to grow and reach your full potential
If you have the essential knowledge, skills and experience to succeed in this role, and you want to work for an organisation where your achievement is recognised and you are provided with opportunities to grow and work within a collaborative, supportive and fun environment, then we want to hear from you!
For further information on our recruitment process and M&OP’s culture and benefits, visit our careers page at www.mopt.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities/
If you would like further information or a Position Description for the role, please contact Marlon Bennett at .au
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25th August 2018
Please note successful applicants will be required to undertake a Police Check and M&OP may withdraw an employment offer in the event of an unsatisfactory Police Check Certificate.
Please note M&OP operates a direct sourcing model so we ask that agencies do not get in touch regarding this vacancy.
M&OP values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic.). Please refer to the M&OP Careers Page at http://www.mopt.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities/ for more information.