- Ongoing, Full-time position
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Employees Award – Clerk Grade 8, $99,204 base plus super and leave loading = total package $109,959.43
- Taronga Zoo, Sydney
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and passionate Direct Marketing Manager who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences.
About the role…
The Direct Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, delivery, execution and growth of sustainable revenue streams, Zoo members and financial supporters through a multi-faceted direct marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for public donor programs, regular giving and bequests to maintain and increase fundraising revenue.
- Drive and deliver an effective recruitment strategy for regular givers, appeal donors, bequestors, major givers and Zoo friend member programs
- Establish and implement strategies that drive revenue generation performance to achieve or exceed a current direct marketing and bequest fundraising target of nearly $5M and membership target of $6M
- Plan and execute a multi-faceted direct marketing, donor development and online marketing program that develops broad-based community support for Taronga
- Manage revenue and expenditure budgets to maximise efficiency and profitability
Manage a team of fundraising staff to deliver set performance targets
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Extensive experience in direct marketing or fundraising, ideally in a similar role.
- Proven experience in achieving revenue targets, preferably in the fundraising area, on time, within budget and within brand guidelines
- Proven experience delivering cost effective growth and reducing attrition rates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a high level in both written and oral form, and the ability to communicate, sensitively to people of all ages, financial and social backgrounds
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously as well as part of a cohesive team
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
- Obtain and maintain a current NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga For the Wild!
Please ensure that you attach a current version of your resume. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/using the reference number 00005N0V or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Rhiannon Millane on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
Applications close: 19 March 2018