- Kindergarten Teacher role
- Degree qualified
- Permanent part time
Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
About the Role
We are looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator with a Degree qualification to work us on a permanent part time bases as our Kindergarten Teacher. You will work across three of our centres – Joyce Avenue Children’s Centre, Morobe Street Children’s Centre and St Hellier Children’s Centre.
As the Kindergarten Teacher you will be responsible for the education and care of pre-school children (3-5 years old). You will provide an innovative and culturally appropriate program that assists the overall development of individual children in line with national standards and frameworks.ability to work in a team. Your initiative and "can-do" approach can potentially create more opportunities.
- A tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education (Degree in Early Childhood) or qualifications deemed appropriate by the Australian Early Childhood Association are minimum requirements.
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate; and Anaphylaxis (mandatory).
- Asthma Prevention and Management Certificates and CPR.
- Police check; Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families.
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child development
- $62,292.00 - $105,694.00 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time 21 hours per week
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- Work across three of our centres – Joyce Avenue Children’s Centre, Morobe Street Children’s Centre and St Hellier Children’s Centre
Employment Screening Checks: National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Liz Roberts St Hellier Street Childrens Centre Coordinator 9459 5227 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 29 September 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.