- Enjoy a day off every month, 17.5% annual leave loading and generous salary package options.
- Discounted gym rates, free flu vaccination and take advantage of a range of free training and talent programs for your professional development.
- Work-life balance - full time, part time and working from home options available as well as flexible start and finish hours.
About the Role
The Advisor Rehabilitation Claims (ARC) leads, monitors and manages rehabilitation practices and recover at work documentation. The ARC also coordinates and implements recover at work policies, procedures and programs to facilitate the recovery of injured staff.
The ARC role encompasses the engagement between the injured workers, operations, insurers and the leadership team. This key role will listen to Recovery Partner's and injured workers, provide advice and apply best practice interventions in managing effective return to work and support business objectives.
The role will be involved in improving knowledge in physical and psychological injuries making key recommendations on recover a work practices and ensuring any initiative or program of works remains relevant. The role will simplify educational packages for all Recovery Partners to be delivered to injured workers.
The position will also provide recommendations to all managers regarding suitable alternate duties for injured workers and post injury return to work training and/or treatment.
This role is meant to be fulltime but if you think you have something special you could bring, we want to hear from you. This is a temporary full time role for up to 2 months with extension possible for the right person.
NSW Ambulance provides essential health services to the people of NSW relieving suffering through out of out-of-hospital care.
From the traditional emergency response, getting medical help to patients with serious or life-threatening injuries or trauma, through to connecting patients who do not need an emergency response with the most appropriate health provider. NSW Ambulance provides excellence in care and makes sure patients get the right care, at the right time, at the right place.
No matter where you live in NSW, metro, rural or region, NSW Ambulance is there to provide medical care and transport when you need it.
Find out more about NSW Ambulance
- Appropriate tertiary or equivalent qualification, in Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy or human movements, inclusive of the exercise physiology.
How to Apply
Please respond to the below targeted questions (max 4000 characters including spaces per question) and submit this with your CV and other required information. Your CV should also incorporate how you demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience for this role.
Question 1: Tell us when you influenced a case manager teams’ capability in the rehabilitation treatment of a work and non-workers related injury?
Question 2: Tell us when you engaged an employee to engage in psychological rehabilitation treatment after a work and non-workers related injury?
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the NSW Health Service Health Professionals (State) Award and will be required to enter into the annual Performance Development Program.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake duties at the other centres should the need arise.
- No Ambulance accommodation is provided.
- No entitlements to Transferred Employees Benefits (TEB) is provided.
- Completion of NSW Health Mandatory Training courses is a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health and NSW Ambulance employees applying for this position.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check including referee/supervisor check, a review of National Police check and review of the Service Check Register. A review of excess annual and sick leave, PDP status, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearances from Professional Standards Unit, Ambulance Education Centre and Infection Control.
- Employee’s currently undertaking an ECP or ICP consolidation period are eligible to apply however will need to complete all training and return of service obligations before accepting any relief/acting opportunities.
- Employee’s currently undertaking a SOT consolidation period are not eligible to apply for positions other than SOT positions. This includes positions offered via merit selection, transfer lists or later transfer mechanism, expressions of interest or secondments.
- An 18 month eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- If applicable, please ensure you use your work email address so our recruitment system can identify that you are internal to NSW Ambulance and/or NSW Health.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Sheree Podmore on 0408 167 568 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSW Ambulance is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within NSW Ambulance, please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator, Callista Bryan, on 02 9320 7644 or email@example.com.
If you wish to discuss any accessibility requirements in relation to your application, please contact our Diversity and Culture Advisor, Joe Wasuruj, on 02 9320 7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure NSW Ambulance is a workplace free from bullying and harassment. All staff must behave in a respectful and acceptable manner. Staff must report and respond appropriately to any instances or perceptions of bullying. Managers are required to implement actions that prevent or minimise the risk of unacceptable behaviours, ensuring bullying, harassment and victimisation are identified as early as possible and responded to and effectively managed.
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Classification: Exercise Physiologist Lvl 4
Remuneration: $108,678 - $111,394 per annum
Requisition ID: REQ199501
Location: State Headqu arter, Rozelle
Applications Close: Sunday 7 March 2020