- $96,942 - $117,293 (Plus Superannuation)
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: Melbourne, CBD (flexibility may be available)
The position of Team Leader - Compliance & Investigations forms a part of Maritime Safety Branch within Transport Safety Victoria (TSV).
Reporting to the Manager Waterway Safety and Compliance, the Team Leader - Compliance and Investigations will manage, lead and develop an effective team of Compliance and Investigations Officers to deliver a range of compliance, investigation and educational activities on Victorian state waters. The role is responsible for improving maritime safety outcomes by undertaking inspections of recreational and Domestic Commercial Vessels, investigating breaches of safety duties, undertaking compliance audits and responding to issues of non-compliance with state and national marine safety law.
The Team Leader - Compliance and Investigations will collaborate extensively with work units across the Maritime Safety branch to ensure a consistent and risk-based approach is developed to address identified safety issues and the strategic objectives of the organisation. Essential to the role is the establishment of a positive and supportive co-regulatory relationship with waterway managers and their employed transport safety officers, and other key compliance partners.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key safety issues associated with maritime activities including compliance, enforcement, and education.
- Experience in conducting investigations within the regulatory and criminal justice system.
- Understanding of contemporary risk management practices as they relate to maritime safety and waterway management.
Your application must include: Updated resumes, cover letter and responses to the following questions:
- A key accountability for this position is the effective management of a small team of operational staff. This includes that the teams' efforts are focused on delivering organisational priorities through a risk-based work program and helping to build team capabilities and competencies to ensure the team is best placed to achieve this objective. Can you provide an example of where you have been successful in doing this, highlighting the approach and strategies that you used?
- An important component of this position involves the delivery of a range of compliance activities cantered around recreational vessel operations. MSV has limited resources and as such takes a risk-based and collaborative approach when planning and undertaking these activities. Can you explain the type of things you would consider in planning the delivery of the teams work program, and how you would seek engagement and support from key stakeholders and other agencies?
For a confidential discussion, please call Geoff Swanton, Senior Project Officer - Navigational Safety & VOZR on (03) 9655 6114.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with the Department.
For further information on the position, please see the attached position description. To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now' button below.
Applications close at midnight on 19 May 2019.
Please note: The generic online form on www.careers.vic.gov.au may ask you to provide the responses to all of the KSC. At this step in the on-line process, please only upload your resume and cover letter (there is NO requirement to address all of the KSC) and move on to the last screen where you will be asked to submit responses to the specific questions only. Complete these specific questions to complete your application. You may also respond to the above questions in a separate document and upload it with your resume or cover letter.