Assistant Director Work Health Safety - [Archived Advertisement]
Canberra Health Services (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assistant Director Work Health Safety
Canberra Health Services
People and Culture
Workplace Health and Safety
Senior Officer Grade B
Salary Range: $124,891 - $140,596 (PN: 29577)
Canberra Health Services
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community?based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The People and Culture Division is responsible for providing strategic leadership, advice and operational implementation of human resource strategies relating to a diverse range of human resource and industrial relations functions across CHS.
Working closely with CHS Divisions, the People and Culture portfolio delivers strategically-aligned workforce solutions in areas including people policy and strategies, change management, human resource management, organisational development, diversity and inclusion, general clinical and leadership training, workforce planning, industrial and employee relations, pay and benefits, rewards and recruitment. The Division also plans, designs, communicates and monitors CHS Workforce Strategy with a focus on building organisation and change management capability, and providing workforce data to support strategic decision-making to enable CHS to deliver on its strategic agenda.
The Work Health Safety Unit provides strategic leadership, advice and effective coordination and implementation of work health safety (WHS) management strategies, frameworks and activities. The unit provides WHS advisory and support services and oversees the implementation of systems and processes that assist CHS to become a safe and accountable healthcare environment.
CHS staff, people who use our services and visitors have the right to feel safe and be safe in CHS workplaces.
- Work Health Safety (WHS) and/or Healthcare related tertiary qualifications
- Experience in a tertiary healthcare setting
- Driver’s licence
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Applications Close: 17 September 2019
- Closing Date:
- 17 Sep 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $124,891 - $140,596
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety