Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion. Powerlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Following internal promotion, we are seeking an experienced IT Strategy and Architecture Team Leader to support the analysis and development of Business IT strategies and roadmaps to ensure our enterprise portfolio of Business IT capabilities meets current and future business needs. Taking responsibility for the day to day operations of the IT Strategy and Architecture team this role will be ideally suited to an experienced IT strategist who is passionate about delivering business value through technology.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of professionals to ensure objectives are clearly understood, proactively addressing issues and concerns to ensure the team achieves expected outcomes.
- Lead the development of IT strategies, roadmaps and architectures to ensure Business IT investments are targeted to deliver value to the business and the portfolio of change projects are aligned to current and long term business strategy and roadmaps.
- Aligning solutions delivered by providers (both internal and external) with Business IT and business strategies.
- Review, analyse and provide input for continual improvement into IT strategies and architectures to provide recommendations on trends, alignment, risk, financial value and contribution to business priorities. This includes leading the development of frameworks/processes for the identification and consideration of strategic innovation and opportunities to leverage contemporary IT services and delivery methods to deliver value to Powerlink.
- Lead the preparation of and contribute to regulatory proposals, integrating the proposed program with business priorities in the IT Investment program of work.
- Lead the development of an IT pipeline delivery framework as part of a broader IT Investment program and operational model supporting the prioritisation process.
You will have experience in the following areas:
- Applying enterprise and solution architecture principles, practices and processes.
- Developing target state architectures and technology roadmaps.
- Developing, documenting and implementing IT enterprise architectures and artefacts including domain architectures and practical processes, procedures and tools.
- Providing strategic business and IT architecture solutions in an asset-intensive business
- Operating in an advisory IT service or solution delivery role within a medium to large organisation in relation to a complex IT environment.
What will you need:
To be successful in this position, you will have a Degree qualification in a Business or Technology discipline or a similar relevant area of study (e.g. Computer Science) or a lesser qualification with significant relevant experience in the areas of IT strategy, IT Enterprise, Solution or Technical Architecture.
A formal TOGAF qualifications and training and/or similar architectural qualifications would be an advantage.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit an application.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Applications close Sunday, 19 January 2020.