- VPS Grade5.2
- $103,721 - $113,572 per annum plus superannuation
- Ongoing full-time role
Do you have a passion for the media and clear and effective communication?
Are you a high achieving communication all-rounder?
Interested in work that makes a difference?
At the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) we conduct large scale events in the form of State and local council elections and other commercial/community polls. We also have an ongoing role in educating the community about the importance of keeping voter enrolment up-to-date and participating in Victoria’s democracy.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Manager Communication, this role will develop the VEC’s ongoing media relations strategy, and be a key influencer in the organisation’s overall external and internal communication and engagement approach.
Who We Need
You have built a strong foundation in your communication career, including significant experience in dealing with the media and developing quality change management, communication and engagement plans.
You will know when to delegate, but you won’t hesitate in rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
You will enjoy working autonomously, have highly developed project management skills, and impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
Your track record in working with the media, social media and in developing positive employee engagement will allow you to initiate and manage negotiations with peers and senior leaders.
How to apply
- Submit a CV
- Complete the Application Form
- Address the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) listed in the Application Form
- Applications should be lodged online via the Vic Careers website.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 1 June.
The VEC is an equal opportunity employer*.
* In accordance with Section 17A of the Electoral Act 2002, the VEC may ask applicants for disclosure of specific political activities that could compromise the perceived independence of the organisation. Please read the Disclosure of Political Activities Fact Sheet before applying.