Ambulance Victoria's mission is to improve the health of our community by delivering innovative, high quality ambulance services and providing exceptional clinical care. The leading-edge clinical practice and lifesaving work of Ambulance Victoria's paramedics and volunteers underpins this mission.
About the role
The Director Wellbeing and Support Services is a member of the People and Culture senior leadership group and will be required to coordinate and undertake a range of often complex, technical or sensitive strategic and operational activities involving strategy development, research, analysis, stakeholder management and communication.
This managerial and advisory role will encompass several important functions and provide strategic support and advice to the Executive Director.
The duties of the Director Wellbeing and Support Services will encompass:
- leading and managing AV's Wellbeing and Support Services function to deliver high quality, strategic, effective and responsive wellbeing and staff support services to AV employees and their families, aligned to best practice models
- the implementation and ongoing management of a clinical governance framework aligned to AV's Best Care Framework
- prevention and early intervention strategies to promote continuous support and improvement in welfare, pastoral care, and mental health and wellbeing
- managing the delivery of key mental health strategies to raise understanding and support for mental health awareness
- leading a team in the provision of ongoing clinical advice and support to ensure risks to the organisation are mitigated
- overseeing the governance framework to manage contracted psychologists and EAP consistent with SLAs, contract management policies and protocols
- provision of high level, authoritative and strategic direction and advice to DHHS, the Board (and its sub committees), CEO, Executive and all key stakeholders on wellbeing issues and potential risks.
Your extensive experience in leading teams will be crucial to your success in the role. In addition to developing and sustaining effective teams you will build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. You will be an astute communicator who is adaptable and able to prioritise competing demands. Operating as an ambassador of Ambulance Victoria, you understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
Experience in the implementation of significant, state-wide program initiatives will be beneficial in this role.
How to apply?
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- a covering letter
- a resume detailing your relevant skills, knowledge and experience
Please note: a separate document addressing the selection criteria outlined in the PD is not required.
We request that your application is forwarded by Sunday 16 August 2020 by clicking on ‘Apply Now'. For any queries please email email@example.com or contact Recruitment and Selection on 03 9840 3653.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.