Ambulance Victoria's mission is to improve the health of our community by delivering innovative, high quality ambulance services. The leading edge clinical practice and lifesaving work of Ambulance Victoria's paramedics and volunteers underpins this mission.
About the role
Ambulance Victoria are in the early stages of a significant, organisation wide effort to uplift our data and analytics capability. We are a team of people with passion and skill and we are looking for two Senior Analyst who will help us strive to provide the organisation with innovative and impactful insights from our rich datasets.
We have the foundations of a great analytics service, the support of the whole organisation and fascinating subject matter to work with. We help provide a crucial and highly regarded service to the community. This is a rare opportunity to do something that, when done well, will impact many lives for the better.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in identifying meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources and interpret and communicate insights from analysis and experiments
- Utilize exploratory data analysis techniques to understand the data and multivariate analysis to generate new features
- Contribute to the analysis, design, development, evaluation and deployment of business analytics and statistical modelling projects to support strategic decision making at AV
- Processing, cleansing and verification of data to be used for analysis
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Continuous improvement - you will be expected to constantly scan the systems and tools you work with to identify opportunities for improvement, and then to highlight and work with the team to implement solutions
Successful candidate attributes will reflect Ambulance Victoria's overarching commitment to the protection, safety and well-being of patients, staff and the community. In addition, the successful candidate will possess/demonstrable experience in the below:
- Experience working with, and analysis of, very large and complex data sets and a solid grounding in statistical theory
- Understanding of and experience with predictive analytics techniques and statistical analysis to predict outcomes
- Experienced user of SQL, Python, R and other similar tools, including demonstrated application in a business setting
- Experience working with Azure or similar cloud-based data platforms would be advantageous
- Translating analytical insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business, process or product improvements
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to package and convey complicated analyses in a simple and easy-to-understand way
- Ever-curious mind wanting to find the "why" behind the "what" and will always looking to improve processes and automate more
- Thrives working in an agile environment with little direct supervision
What's in it for you
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will need to complete a Police Check. (WHERE REQUIRED: This role also requires the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check).
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV5. The AV grade salary for an AV5 position is $116,916 (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 03 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
• A covering letter
• A resume
• A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Senior Analyst position is forwarded by 10th December 2019 by clicking on ‘apply online'.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"