SENIOR LEAD, IMPROVEMENT AND INNOVATION (0.8 FTE, FIXED TERM) (AV-6)
Not/Restricted to AV (permanent) employees
Looking for a position that allows you to contribute to Ambulance Victoria (AV) strategic plans.
AV is seeking an experienced Senior Lead, Improvement and Innovation to provide leadership and expertise to build improvement and innovation capability and capacity across AV for our Patient Safety and Experience Division. This is a 0.8 FTE, fixed term position currently based in Blackburn North Business Centre.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Patient Safety and Experience, the responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the delivery of multi-disciplinary outcomes by monitoring and reporting against divisional improvement projects
- Design, develop and deliver initiatives (tools and resources) aimed at building process improvement capability within the Quality and Patient Experience Division and across the organisation
- Monitor and analyse patient safety and experience from performance data, clinical incidents, audits and feedback and identify areas for improvement to target improvement initiatives
- Partner with the Director and with senior leaders in developing and delivering annual unit and departmental plans to meet Best Care and organisational goals and priorities
- Provide high level subject matter expertise to the wider organisation and leadership in improvement science and innovation
To be considered for this position you will possess a tertiary qualification with demonstrated improvement, project management and leadership experience. You will also have proven competency in applying improvement science for complex and diverse initiatives, preferably related to health services.
It is expected you will have an understanding of systems thinking, preferably LEAN thinking, Agile and Six Sigma, as well as data analytics related to improvement and innovation. Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and strong conceptual and judgement skills will greatly assist you.
What's in it for you
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resourceand the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate must have a current Victorian Driver's License and be willing to travel throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria when required.
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV6. The AV grade salary range for an AV6 position is $140,850 - $161,670 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email email@example.com or contact us on 03 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Senior Lead, Improvement and Innovation position is forwarded by 5.00pm 11 November by clicking on ‘apply online'.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered. Please note that applications via INDEED will not be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.