Ambulance Victoria (AV) is seeking a self-starting and experienced Media Advisor to work in a full-time ongoing position in its Media Team.
Working in a fast-paced environment you will help deliver a strategic approach to reactive and proactive media engagement, and help manage issues to enhance and protect AV's reputation.
This role is part of the newly realigned Strategic Communication and Engagement structure at AV, and also involves supporting strategic communication projects, campaigns, social media activies and events.
In this role you will be part of a team helping our patients and people tell their stories and enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to an organisation that saves lives and improves community health outcomes.
About the role
To be succesful you will need to demonstrate you are: agile and flexible; able to flourish in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; to be collaborative and cross-functional in your approach.
Reporting to the Media Manger, the main duties of the role also include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor media coverage, liase with journalists and media, support AV's media strategy and assist in reviews of AV's communication/media strategy
- Develop and support proactive media campaigns to influence community and political awareness. Respond to media inquiries and support AV's program to attain appropriate media coverage.
- Support AV's wider communication to stakeholders, including the use of video and social media. Identify patient stories which have potential to generate positive media coverage for AV.
- Support the development and production of communication across a broad spectrum of media, including digital and social channels
- Support the development and production of communication across a broad spectrum of mediad, including digital and social channels
- Support the development of perforamnce reports to AV senior management, including the Board, on emerging issues and opportunities
- Under direction as required, contribute to responses to crisis situations in accordance with the AV Emergency Management and Crisis Communication Plans
- Contribute to a performance based, collaborative culture to foster strong development and continuous improvement in media relations
To be considered for this position you will posess a relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent media experience. Experience working in roles in complex organisations, such as in the Health of Emergency Services fields, would be highly regarded. You will have contempoary working knowlege of media relations, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement. You will posess excellent communication, analytical and writing skills, with strong contemporary web based and social media technology experience.
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
Hours and days of work may vary as required, and this may include some work on weekends or public holidays. This position is based at AV's Doncaster offices.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document attached 'Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria'. Previous applicants need not apply.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing the Selection Criteria detailed on te last page of the position description
For any queries, please email the Recruitment and Selection Team on email@example.com or, alternatively, phone +61 3 9840 3653.
We request that your application for the Media Advisor position is forwarded by 29 July 2019 by clicking on 'Apply Online' below.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"