Applications are now open to those that are wanting to practise their legal expertise to ensure compliance with all FOI and privacy legislation, standards and policies at Ambulance Victoria (AV).
AV is seeking an experienced Lead Freedom of Information (FOI) to provide comprehensive advice and guidance to the Legal Corporate Services Department. This is a full time, permanent position currently based in our Wendouree office in regional Victoria.
About the role
Reporting to the General Counsel, the responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, develop and facilitate FOI internal and external processes in compliance with the FOI Act
- Analyse and interpret various legislation including the FOI Act and applicable privacy laws
- Design and develop expert-based training and advice on FOI requests
- Provide regular advice to the General Counsel and senior members of the organisation
- Be the initial point of contact for the provision of employment-related legal advice
- Advise and assist on general requests for legal advice, including legal research
- Deliver continuous business process improvements and foster constructive and effective working relationships within FOI and AV legal departments
To be considered for this position you will possess legal, FOI or privacy law experience with a related tertiary qualification demonstrating substantial experience and expertise in FOI work and/or legal or paralegal support within a legal (ideally employment, commercial, litigation or property law), politically sensitive or large organisation environment.
Your experience will also include high-level computer skills with email, word-processing, internet and database applications. Experience with applications used within Victorian government, including TRIM, is highly desirable.
Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills to gain acceptance and support of ideas are a must as well as having the flexibility to adapt to changing and conflicting priorities in a dynamic workplace. Well-developed planning, organising and time management skills will greatly assist you in administering and meeting the requirements of the General Counsel and AV Legal Department.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria'. For any queries please email@example.com or contact Charisma Haney, Advisor Recruitment & Selection on 03 9840 3927.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application is forwarded by 5.00pm, Friday 22 December 2017 by clicking on ‘apply online'.
Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.