- Located within North West Region (Negotiable)
- Possible locations include Bendigo, Swan Hill, Melton, Kerang & Echuca or CFA Headquarters in Burwood East
- Ongoing Full Time
- $76,690 (plus 9.5% super)
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded community based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
The primary purpose of the role is to contribute to the effective financial management of the CFA through operational excellence in the delivery of transactional financial services across CFA Districts including but not limited to:
- effective, consistent and accurate advice and recording of financial transactions
- assisting the ACO in maintaining a high standard of financial governance and compliance with CFA financial policy
- Advise the Districts and Regions on matters relating to financial transactions and financial policy/governance
- Monitor the compliance of Districts and Regions on financial policy
You must also have the following to be considered for the role:
- Proven experience undertaking a similar role in a large and complex organisation.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to successfully consult, influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately in high pressure situations and under tight timeframes with the ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- High level of understanding of financial systems and processes.
- Ability to engage external stakeholders and utilise strong business acumen to successfully resolve issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting purposes.
For further information about this position, including a Position Description, key requirements and details on how to apply, please visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au and select ‘Volunteer & Careers' followed by ‘Jobs at CFA'.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.