Senior Geographical Information Systems Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Geographical Information Systems Officer
Full Time - Fixed Term
$93,867 - $103,719 + 9.5% Superannuation
About the SES
Victoria State Emergency Service (SES) is the control agency during emergency response to flood, storm, tsunami, earthquake and landslide in Victoria, and is the largest provider of road rescue in the state. It also contributes to building safer and more resilient communities before emergencies occur. We offer flexible working arrangements, opportunities to be involved in a fantastic range of health and wellbeing programs and access to various recognition programs.
VICSES is a child safe organisation. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the VICSES Child Safety Policy and Child Safety Code of Conduct.
Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy.
Provide high level advice and services that include analysis of geospatial data around flood, maps and other products that assist both internally and externally in the delivery of flood intelligence products. Lead the identification, development and maintenance of business critical data required before, during and after Flood events within the Melbourne Water catchment.
Provide strategic advice within VICSES as well as to Melbourne Water and local Government. Coordinate the acquisition and management of external data for corporate use, validation of data in corporate systems and maintaining the necessary geotechnical records for use by VICSES.
This Position is based at the VICSES Central Region and Melbourne Water Head Office (Docklands).
Your accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide specialist advice to staff and volunteers in relation to mapping issues and on a range of Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Develop and maintain a rolling 3 Municipal Flood Emergency Plans and exercise Regional Strategy that supports the VICSES Community Resilience Strategy and organisational capability frameworks
- Lead the development and maintenance of training programs to meet VICSES requirements in using maps for exercise and intelligence information for floods
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and VICSES partnerships with emergency management agencies and external Geospatial date providers
- Lead the Region's ability to provide an appropriate response capacity by implementing and coordinating programs, materials and systems
- Enhance VICSES operational readiness by scheduling, coordinating and performing field surveys to verify or establish the location of VICSES flood intelligence and mapping requirements
- Represent VICSES on the Incident Management Team mapping course as a lead facilitator to strengthen our position in the sector
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Proficient skills in GIS databases
- Expert technical knowledge of geospatial information systems
- Extensive experience in data capture and intelligence interpretation of data in a flood context
- Emergency Services sector experience is desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in L&D, HR or related discipline
- Proven experience in project management
- Current drivers licence
Closing Date: 5/06/2018
Contact: Ray Jasper (03) 9256 9700
For Further Information and to Apply: Please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and search for position number VG/SES500b
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jun 2018
- VIC - Docklands
- $93,867 - $103,719 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Work Type: