Manager Regional Operations - Readiness - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Regional Operations - Readiness
Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) is the control agency during emergency response to flood, severe storm, earthquake and tsunami in Victoria, and is the largest provider of road crash rescue in the state.
VICSES is a significant contributor and leader in emergency management, and continues to strive to develop and lead best practice by focusing on further developing its core business activities and strengthening its relationships/partnerships with other Emergency Service Organisations and relevant stakeholders.
Your accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
Develop and maintain the Region's state of operational readiness by ensuring that VICSES staff and volunteers capabilities are maintained; command and control facilities are tested and ready and the Regional Duty Officer function is maintained.
Lead the Region's preparedness and response activities including the performance of incident management roles. Coordinate the undertaking of operational performance review activities with the Region post event.
Contribute to the strategic directions of the Operations and Human Resources Directorates by developing and managing the Regional Operations and Training Business Plan, monitoring components of the budget, researching and investigating best practice and identifying areas of improvement.
Provide strategic advice to the Regional Manager in relation to Regional capability in order to meet the Emergency Response Activity Standards (ERAS) specified within the Operations Capability Framework (OCIF). This will include providing advice on Asset and Infrastructure requirements to enable VICSES Units and Regional staff to provide effective service delivery to the community.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Proven experience in the development, negotiation and delivery of programs and projects
- Proven experience in leading, managing and developing teams
- Proven knowledge and delivery of outcomes within the Competency based training environment
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills including conference/workshop, presentations and public speaking
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to project manage, prioritise tasks and prepare reports and presentations
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in community development and capacity building
- Microsoft Office Suite including Project
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System (AIIMs)
- A current driver's licence
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and / or Tertiary qualifications in relevant field will be highly regarded.
Closing Date: COB 22 August 2017
Contact: Anthony Costigan, Regional Manager (03) 9256 9403
Further Information and To Apply: Please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and search for position number VG/SES347B or direct linkhttps://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-SES347B
The preferred candidate will be required to complete a psychometric test as part of the selection process.
Your application should include a covering letter that details your relevant skills and experience (maximum two pages) and an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages.
You are NOT required to submit a claim for the position that explicitly addresses key selection criteria.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2017
- VIC - Gippsland
- $92,253 - $101,935
- Work Type:
- Full Time