Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
We are seeking a Manager Purchasing & Support to join the Finance Services Team on a permanent basis. This role will lead a team of Purchasing & Support Officers who enable the Enterprise wide transactional acquisition of goods and services to achieve value for money commercial outcomes.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience and management of transactional purchasing processes and systems (SAP), a strong commitment to continuous improvement, and a successful track record of driving and implementing change.
As an expert in purchasing practices, you will also have developed strong commercial acumen and an ability to build successful partnerships with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the Finance Services Leadership team to provide leadership in the strategic and operational management of transactional purchasing in a dynamic and changing integrated passenger and rail infrastructure environment through effective strategy formulation, customer, business partner and stakeholder engagement, financial and commercial excellence, people leadership and change management.
- Lead and develop a highly effective and engaged team by making a strong contribution to achieve the Function's business targets, objectives, performance measures, safety responsibilities and continually seek to implement business performance improvements.
- Lead and collaborate with local Purchasing and Procurement teams in Business Unit Sourcing processes to better enable transactional purchasing processes, specifically pricing and lead-time of catalogued items to provide and improve business value.
- Manage the Purchasing and Support team (7) to deliver requests for quotations and purchasing outcomes in agreed timeframes for relevant transactional purchasing categories using strategies and frameworks to meet business requirements on a whole of organisation level, ensuring probity and transparency in all activities while maximising commercial benefits.
- Manage and govern the maintenance and approval of SAP Outline Purchase Agreements to support Enterprise wide transactional purchasing, process efficiency, utilisation of catalogues, lead-times and solution automation.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a high level of skill in the leadership, development and coaching of a transaction focused team delivering efficient, timely and accurate services within a large complex business. To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong experience leading and managing a high performing transactional purchasing team to provide commercial and customer focused services to relevant portfolio areas within the business.
- A proven track record in developing and executing strategic purchasing frameworks and methodologies for end to end purchase to pay processes.
- Extensive knowledge and purchasing experience (SAP/R3, ECC, MM and SRM modules) and commercial acumen when dealing with purchasing negotiations across a range of supplier, commercial and internal stakeholder groups.
- Willingness to gain an extensive understanding of Queensland Rail's policies, procedures, process improvement, project management, change management approaches and methodologies, business processes and systems with specific emphasis on Procurement, Purchasing, Inventory systems and Master Data Management.
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary purchasing practices and systems to influence and contribute to the strategic direction of the Purchasing and Support function.
- High level of influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building and negotiation skills that build and sustain innovative, productive relationships and partnerships.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
Starting salary: $123,515 + super + rail pass (home & duty)
Applicants are requested to outline their skills and experience and alignment to key selection criteria.
We are happy to discuss this opportunity further with candidates who believe they may be suitable. Please contact Kristy Jordan at email@example.com please do not email your application.