With approximately 6,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are looking for a high performing Principal ICT Architect to provide strong technical leadership in ICT across the design and delivery of business solutions.
Reporting to the Manager ICT Architecture you will typically be responsible for providing enterprise wide strategic architecture and technical direction, across solutions encompassing multiple technology projects. As the Principal ICT Architect you will be establishing the standards, principles and processes that govern solution design and the delivery of technical architectures and roadmaps, to include the domains of business, technology, application, data and information architectures.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA), and the benefit to organisations and how to apply EA effectively in large organisations.
- Extensive knowledge of Applications and data interchange Architectures and demonstrated pragmatic application in large and complex organisation to support current business functions and
- strategic direction.
- High level of skills in the end to end design and delivery of business solutions with a specific focus on application and data interchange components in a distributed environment to meet business requirements consistent with best practice solution delivery framework and architecture standards.
- Extensive Knowledge of Standard Operating Environments, life cycle management and emerging trends.
- High level of skills in assessing and effectively harnessing emergent practices and technologies within complex organisations.
- High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills including comprehending, synthesising and articulating complex issues.
Experience working in an outsourced/managed service provider environment would be highly advantageous.
Certification in TOGAF highly desirable.
Starting salary: $116, 425 + superannuation
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria, please apply to position number 67283 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Sunday 4 October 2020. Please note a formal response to the key selection criteria is not required.
Applications can be addressed to Kristy Jordan, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity email email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.