An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader – Media and Social Media (internally known as Team Leader Media) to join Queensland Rail’s Corporate and Government Affairs on a fixed term basis until 31st January 2021. Leading a small, high performing team in a dynamic and fast paced environment, you will be responsible for the effective management of media relations, social media, issues and external communication for Queensland Rail.
As an experienced communications expert, you will also be responsible for liaising with journalists on behalf of Queensland Rail, as well as providing strategic advice to the business on communications matters.
About the role:
- Lead the team to monitor media coverage, manage media queries, and promote the work of Queensland Rail in delivering services for its customers.
- Manage content creation for and the performance of Queensland Rail’s social media platforms
- Ensure the quality of external communication, such as media materials, factsheets and speeches.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide strategic advice on media issues and proactive communication opportunities to the business.
Candidates need to be flexible in order to respond to media issues as they arise, manage queries from journalists and support the Media and Social Media team, who rotate an out of hours on-call roster.
Proven experience in media communications and effectively leading a team is essential.
- High level of skill in providing leadership and strategic communication advice.
- High level of influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
- High level of conceptual thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills and implementing process improvement in a complex business environment.
- High level of written communication skills with focus on writing and/or editing complex business correspondence and use of all media (including preparation of speeches, brochures, fact sheets briefing papers, issues management briefings etc.).
- High level of skill to develop a stimulating work environment that motivates employees to align with the future vision of the Queensland Rail business and collectively work to achieve desired results.
Starting salary: $116,425 + super + rail pass (home and duty)
How to apply:
- Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
- Apply to position number 44456 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 12:00pm, Friday 13th December 2019.
- Candidates must provide one recent example of a media release they have prepared and upload this as part of their application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in a video screen.
- The recruitment and selection process for this position will also require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen.
Please address your cover letter to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity email email@example.com.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Queensland Rail is dedicated to providing a safe, reliable, on-time, value for money and customer focused rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. Queensland Rail employs around 7500 people and has assets valued at approximately $7 billion.