Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Risk Officer at Queensland Rail, you will effectively contribute to the Queensland Rail risk management program by providing analytical, operational and technical support to the risk team and internal clients.
This entry level role would be ideal for candidates from any analytical discipline looking to enhance their experience within the risk space. This role provides the solid foundation for anyone hoping to progress into the Risk Management space.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Support risk operations by maintaining the timeliness and accuracy of risk registers within and outside the GRC system including but not limited to risks, controls, management actions and assurance activities.
- Assist the risk manager to conduct risk reviews to monitor and maintain the ongoing effectiveness of the Queensland Rail Risk Management Framework.
- Generate reports to support Enterprise Risk Reporting for management decision making.
- Provide Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) system first line support to internal users when required.
Some of the knowledge and experience best suited to the role:
- Previous experience within an analytical discipline. Some Risk experience is welcomed but not necessary for the role
- Ability to interpret, analyse and report data to Senior Leaders
- Sound level of skill in the use of computer-based systems
- High level of interpersonal and communications skills
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options
- Competitive Salary Packaging
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 70716 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Friday the 5th of July 2019. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.