Manager Assets & Infrastructure - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Rural Fire Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Assets & Infrastructure
This opportunity offers:
- Ongoing employment
- Full time role & 35 hour working week
- Attractive annual salary $141,669 - $163,841 p.a. plus 11% superannuation
- Location: Glendenning, RFS State Warehouse (hybrid/flexible working arrangements considered)
The New South Wales Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager of Assets and Infrastructure to lead our high-energy team. In this pivotal role, you will provide expert support and guidance in the successful delivery of the RFS Infrastructure program and other key projects.
The program incorporates the end-to-end asset lifecycle from planning and consultation, through to construction, hand over, occupation, maintenance and disposal.
The ideal candidate will also manage the key facilities around the state including the headquarters and state warehouse and will have experience in working with property managers, maintenance plans and providing quality customer service experience for its many internal customers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability to form professional relationships to advance projects and mitigate arising issues
- Clear communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills to harness the skills across your team and report consistently across all projects
- A proven pragmatic and transparent project management approach to high risk and high-cost projects
- Dedicated commitment to delivering outcomes on time and within budget
- Strong budget management skills to analyse, project and report on expenditure
- Strong focus on delivering fit for purpose, modern and sustainable designs to the Service.
Note: As per the role description, candidates are required to meet minimum essential requirements. If you do not meet the essential requirements for this role, your application may not progress to shortlisting.
Why work for us?
- Corporate uniform available
- Attractive leave entitlements including 4 weeks annual leave per year, plus more
- Free access to our Member Assistance Program (MAP) for all RFS members, and their immediate family
- Salary packaging options available
- One ‘Agreed Absence’ leave day per calendar month
- Ongoing learning and professional development programs
- The RFS is a Registered Training Organisation and you will have access to various internal courses
Looking for more information?
The Rural Fire Service have partnered with HOBAN Recruitment for the management of the recruitment process, all application enquiries and questions can be directed to Daisy Beddison at HOBAN Recruitment – email@example.com or 02 9978 1700.
A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if they arise.
If you’re interested in joining the NSW RFS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit your application via I Work for NSW, and attach:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the essential requirements of the role, outlining your suitability and why you are interested in this opportunity;
- A resume including two current/recent professional referees (please include email address and contact number)
- Respond to two targeted questions within the online application process (maximum 500 words each):
- Provide an example of an infrastructure development related project that you have managed which had significant delays or impacts. Detail how you resolved the issues and successfully delivered the project.
- Demonstrate your experience in leading diverse teams with multiple focus areas. Detail how you enabled customer service focussed outcome.
Please submit your application no later than 11:59pm Sunday 18 February 2024.
- We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, LGBTIQA+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment process may involve a range of assessment activities to determine your capabilities for the role (aligning to the NSW PSC Capability Framework). The Capability application tool is designed to help job applicants understand and use the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework when applying for jobs with the NSW government. Additional checks for successful applicants will include referee checks and criminal history checks.
- A recruitment (talent) pool may be created through this recruitment process.
Learn more about how NSW RFS members support communities across NSW below
- Closing Date:
- 18 Feb 2024
- NSW - Glendenning
- $141,669 - $163,841 p.a. plus 11% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Assets and Operations
Bushfire/Natural Disaster Recovery