We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Regulatory Analyst to join the Finance & Commercial Services team. This role may suit individuals from a range of professional profiles with exposure in the field of regulatory economics and price modelling with experience gained in a utility business, government agency, economic regulator or consultancy firm.
The successful candidate will undertake economic and financial modelling to support the preparation of WaterNSW’s pricing proposals and other submissions to our economic regulators and assist in the development of internal business plans and performance reporting. If you are passionate about achieving the long term interests of our customers and communities through our regulatory interactions then we’d love to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, populate and update sophisticated spreadsheet models to calculate proposed regulated revenues and prices
- Provide economic analysis and advice for economic regulatory submissions and policy reviews by external agencies on regulatory matters
- Prepare policy responses, policy development and analysis
- Work closely with the Finance team to develop robust regulatory performance reports
- Manage to tight externally-imposed deadlines
- Use analysis and problem solving to develop innovative solutions to regulatory economic issues
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Bachelor Degree in Economics or related field
- High level of analytical, research, conceptual, policy development and problem solving skills
- Regulatory modelling experience within the water or energy sectors highly regarded
- Financial and economic analysis skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 18 May 2022.