Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is a statutory authority that acts as a system authority for all public transport and an advocate for public transport users. We are a single contact point for customers wanting information on public transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. PTV aims to improve public transport in Victoria by ensuring better coordination between modes, facilitating expansions to the network, auditing public transport assets, promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
To put this in perspective:
- We have a hand in over half a billion trips across the public transport network annually
- We facilitate 1.6 million trips a day
- We move hundreds of thousands of people around the state daily
In practical terms, we move people towards many of life's most meaningful experiences, whether it be work, education, social engagements, play, or Melbourne's key attractions (e.g. Australian open, AFL games, Royal Melbourne show... take your pick). When masses of people need to get from point A to point B - know that PTV has played a role. While our core business is public transport, we are also working toward a much bigger, longer-term and impactful agenda. We are contributing toward Victoria's liveability and economic development.
While we are continuing to learn and improve, we do in-fact pull off some pretty amazing things. So, If contributing toward Victoria's future excites you, take this ad as an invite to come and work with us.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
About the role
The Manager, Commercial with ensure effective and robust management of the Ticketing Systems Services Agreement to produce excellent performance outcomes and contract compliance. The role will also support internal and external stakeholders, to the extent required, in understanding the commercial and contractual provisions of the myki TSSA and other agreements that may exist to support the delivery of myki ticketing services.
The Manager, Commercial is required to hold the ticketing services provider accountable via ongoing contract assurance and proactive, strategic, whole of life contract management to achieve the State's strategic objectives. This includes management of risks and issues, developing and maintaining of compliance and contractual requirements and obligations.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Extensive experience including the demonstrated ability to manage complex contractual and commercial arrangements including the identification of risk and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and guidance on potentially complex contractual, commercial and legal issues that may arise.
- Demonstrated good level of commercial acumen and deep understanding of the ticketing service providers commercial and financial drivers.
- Proven ability to influence outcomes and resolve complex commercial issues through negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of good governance practices including liaising with senior management personnel.
- Exceptional administrative practices to ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for the purposes of governance and risk management.
- Highly developed writing and presentation skills and ability to present complex problems in a clear and succinct manner.
- A tertiary qualification in related area such as Commerce, Business Administration, or Legal is mandatory.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents when you hit "APPLY". If you have any questions specific to the role, please email PTV Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 11:59 P.M. SUNDAY, 1 July 2018.
PTV is committed to attracting the best talent and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.