Aborginal Female Counsellor
Western Sydney Local Health District (View other jobs from this organisation)
Aborginal Female Counsellor
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Counsellor Level 1, Counsellor Level 2, Counsellor Level 3, Counsellor Level 4, Sexual Assault Worker Level 1, Sexual Assault Worker Level 2, Sexual Assault Worker Level 3, Sexual Assault Worker Level 4, Social Worker Level 1, Social Worker Level 2, Social Worker Level 3, Social Worker Level 4
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ376635
Location: New Street Services Cumberland
Where you'll be workingWestern Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of 'better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond' and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you'll be doing
This position will have a professional development plan in place that will provide the opportunity for work-based development which allows for progression through the Award levels in accordance with the incumbent's skill acquisition.
Collaborating with local service providers in the provision of programs related to engaging with the local Aboriginal communities and providing direct counselling to identified New Street clients.
Undertake community development and capacity building with local Aboriginal communities in order to best facilitate ongoing communication and service delivery to these communities.
To act as a cultural broker in the work of New Street West and North Service, both internally and with communities and other Government and Non-Government agencies.
Transforming Your Experience is WSLHD's key strategy to positively transform how our patients, consumers, staff and communities experience our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always safe, high quality and personalised and all our staff are supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. This strategy provides us with a clear direction for working together to deliver safe and high quality health services and build the health of our communities – now and into the future.
Essential CriteriaQualifications: Bachelor degree in relevant field – counselling or equivalent.Selection Criteria
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant counselling qualification deemed appropriate by employer or completion in the ECAV pathway, with demonstrated cultural expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to create connections, engagement and collaboration to affect outcomes with an understanding of trauma, child sexual abuse and the principles of family focussed intervention with the ability to engage with young people who have sexually harmed and with their families.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills in combination with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a small therapeutic team.
- Demonstrated experience participating in and/or leading of quality improvement activities and service development and evaluation.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical and cultural supervision and professional education and if relevant to application, experience providing clinical supervision and leading education and teaching to staff and/or students.
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel in the course of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally responsive counselling services to individuals, and their families and an understanding of the legal and policy framework governing child protection in NSW relevant to New Street.
- Willingness to undertake accreditation with the Harmful Sexual Behaviour Counsellor Accreditation Scheme administered by the NSW Children's Guardian, and maintain this.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Brenton Law on Brenton.Law@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date:04/03/2024 - 11:59 PM
- Closing Date:
- 04 Mar 2024
- $70944 - $82899
- Work Type:
- Full Time