Manager Research and Evaluation
NSW Ambulance (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Research and Evaluation
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, 38 hours per week
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 3
Remuneration: $122,850 per annum - $139,559 per annum
Location: Rozelle with relocation to State Operations Centre in Sydney Olympic Park in 2024
Closing Date:12 December 2023
NSW Ambulance is an integral part of the NSW Health system that must work together seamlessly to deliver services to the community of NSW. We take a values-based leadership approach putting our people at the centre of everything we do, striving to deliver our mission of Excellence in Care through our CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment
Hear what it’s like to work for NSW Ambulance
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary purpose of the position is to plan, develop, implement, and manage current and future research activities in accordance with the NSW Ambulance research strategy.
The Manager Research and Evaluation will work collaboratively with the Director Medical Services and Research, providing advice and support on all matters concerning NSW Ambulance research, clinical quality registries, governance, quality improvement and evaluation.
You will work to strengthen new and existing partnerships across NSW Ambulance and with external clinical stakeholders. You will continue to build NSW Ambulance clinical research capacity and productivity, while promoting, leading, developing, and fostering a culture of enquiry, evidence-based practice and evaluation.
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE (for eligible employees)
Besides your salary, you’ll also have access to:
- A range of leave to support you with your needs out of work including generous paid parental leave, carers leave and more
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Additional Public Holiday
- Opportunities for extra tax savings through salary packaging
- Novated leasing, lease a car and pay for all running costs out of your pre-taxed salary (eligible fulltime employees)
- Extensive staff support programs available to all staff and families – free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Fitness passport, and medic-fit gyms at most locations – discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy (eligible employees) Health coaching service available to all staff providing individualised support
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career development and growth opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will require the following experience and attributes:
- Health Science background, tertiary research qualifications in health-related field (paramedicine, nursing, medicine) or demonstrated equivalent work experience in research and/or quality improvement.
- Proven record of delivering key outcomes for the organisation, including effective planning, and organising skills, with the ability to facilitate a broad range of administrative and research oversight processes simultaneously.
- Demonstrated project experience and research management skills including the ability to develop and deliver fit-for-purpose data collection services, that will support rapid translation of research and evaluation into clinical practice, enhance evidence-based practice and inform strategic clinical decision making within NSW Ambulance.
- Proven ability to manage and work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, to build and maintain professional relationships, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff, clinicians, senior management, and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated effective oral and written communication, consultation, negotiation, delegation, and presentation skills.
- Proven high level leadership and demonstrated ability in managing and developing people to enhance staff performance, influence workplace culture and lead change. This includes staff support, professional development, and performance management, and taking appropriate action on harassment, bullying, grievance and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to provide subject matter expertise, authoritative advice, and recommendations across the organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of ethical and privacy issues arising from the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and linkage of patient data for quality improvement or research purposes, including familiarity with NSW research governance and approval processes including the REGIS ethics application system.
- Demonstrated commitment and facilitation of implementing quality improvement principles and research activities to achieve improved patient outcomes and continuous service improvement
HOW TO APPLY
Please respond to the below two targeted questions (max 4000 characters including spaces) and submit this with your CV and other required information.
Question 1: Provide an example of how you have modified your style or approach in order to work or communicate more effectively with someone. How did you recognise that a different approach was needed? What was the outcome?
Question 2: Select a problem that you faced in your workplace and describe the approach and data that you used to analyse the issues. How did this lead you to your recommendations?
If you’d like to discuss the position and role description more before you formally apply, confidential enquiries can be made to Jason Bendall:
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Click here for information about eligibility lists and Recruitment Pool use
Click here for information on our Diversity and Inclusion Statement and COVID-19
- Closing Date:
- 12 Dec 2023
- NSW - Rozelle
- $122,850 per annum - $139,559 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time