Neurologist/Stroke Physician - [Archived Advertisement]
Ambulance Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
At Ambulance Victoria we are proud to share our commitment to save and improve lives by providing outstanding care for our patients. It is our promise to every patient, and it sits at the heart of everything we do. No matter what corporate or support role you play in delivering our critical services to Victorians, you join a team dedicated to bringing our vision of ‘Outstanding emergency health care every time' to life.
The Victorian Stroke Telemedicine (VST) service is unique within Australia and provides treatment advice and management for patients who present to VST participating hospitals with suspected stroke symptoms throughout Victoria and Tasmania. Opportunities exist for experienced Neurologist/Stroke Physicians for a six month, fixed-term, part-time position with AV (Dec 23-Jun 24). Successful candidates will be required to do overnight and weekend shifts as part of a 24/7 roster.
About the role
Reporting to the Director Stroke Services, the primary responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Being exclusively available for VST consultations during their rostered session. This does not preclude other non-clinical work during this time, however VST consultants must be available during this time, with VST the primary focus of their clinical activity
- Providing advice to clinicians in the Emergency Departments of VST hospitals regarding diagnosis and management of patients with suspected acute stroke including, review of brain imaging and, whenever possible, direct audio-visual communication with patients and clinicians
- Identifying opportunities for systems and process improvements to the VST Manager
- Developing strong partnerships by building trust and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Working cooperatively in a cross functional team and empowering others through coaching, developing skills, knowledge, and providing constructive feedback
Weekday sessional shifts (2 x 5 hours/1 x 6 hours)
0800 - 1300 / 1300 - 1800 / 1800 - 2400
Weekday on-call shifts (8 hours)
2400 - 0800
Weekends / Public Holiday sessional shifts (2 x 8 hours)
0800 - 1600 / 1600 - 2400
Weekends / Public Holiday on-call shifts (1 x 8 hours)
2400 - 0800
To be considered, you will need to be a legally qualified medical practitioner registered with AHPRA; a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) with accreditation to practice as a Neurologist or Stroke Physician in Australia or New Zealand; comply with specialist college continuing professional development (CPD) requirements; and have current professional medical indemnity insurance for clinical practice in Australia.
You will also possess:
- Relevant and current experience in the management of complex stroke patients and in the delivery of stroke thrombolysis and other stroke related interventions
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills together with your ability to identify, implement and champion process improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to influence and develop cohesive working relationships
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
Working at AV
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, and other benefits.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you are ready to be an integral part in bringing our values of Care, Accountable, Respect and Excellence to life at AV, we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will have unrestricted work rights, received the mandated COVID-19 vaccinations and be willing to complete pre-employment screening including references, misconduct, Qualification and Police Checks.
By applying for this position with Ambulance Victoria, you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests, in line with AV's Secondary Employment procedure. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the role.
The Position Description for this role can be found at the AV Careers website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au.
How to apply
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria (detailed under ‘Key Selection Criteria' of the position description)
- Current Resume
Applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Thursday 23 November 2023 by clicking ‘apply'. Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Refer to the ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' document for further information. For application queries, please email email@example.com or contact us on 03 9840 3653. To discuss specific details regarding these positions please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At all levels of our organisation, a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver Best Care to the community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Nov 2023
- VIC - Burwood East
- Work Type:
- Full Time