Telecommunications Technician - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
Based in Bundaberg, we are seeking a fulltime Telecommunications Technician to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications and electronic equipment.
This position provides support from the south of Bundaberg to Gladstone whilst also supporting the Central Highlands area (Emerald to Winton).
About the role
- Install, maintain, and repair telecommunication and electronic equipment.
- Perform work in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies.
- Perform work in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards.
- Maintain records and associated documentation.
- Report on work performed, equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Be available for call out/stand by duties, overtime and higher-grade relief as required.
- Work away from home station and travel throughout Queensland as required.
- Requirement to be on call one in every three weeks
For more information regarding this position, click here to read the full Position Description.
- 9-day fortnight. (Monday – Friday Week 1, Monday – Thursday Week 2)
- Receive on the job training to support your career development, as well as access to a careers coach.
- Rail travel benefits for employees and their families.
- Generous superannuation
- Free and confidential counselling for employees and family members.
- Access to nutrition and lifestyle assistance.
The starting base salary is $72,000 with earning up to $90,000 (including electrical allowance) and excluding penalties, superannuation, and travel.
Skills, experience, and qualifications required
- Current Queensland driver’s license.
- Certificate III in telecommunications technology trade certificate.
- ACMA open cabler registration.
- Current Queensland restricted electrical license or electrical mechanical license.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and systems and related regulations and standards.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Sound communication skills.
Please apply to Telecommunications Technician (6166) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button by 11:59pm (GMT+10:00 Brisbane) Sunday, 26th November 2023.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES:
You must apply for vacancies via the internal People Connect solution – Click here for more information
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Queensland Rail is committed to a diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers and communities we serve.
We are inclusive, collaborative, respectful, and value our differences. We are 1TEAM, where everyone belongs.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact Natasha Neuendorf via the phone number or email below.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Natasha Neuendorf with your specific enquiry on 0436 967 743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Nov 2023
- QLD - Bundaberg
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Assets and Operations