New Transport Authority for NSW
The New South Wales Government will establish a new Integrated Transport Authority to co-ordinate the state’s transport services and oversee transport projects.
The ITA will be comprised of six key divisions:
- Customer Experience
- Planning and Programs – which will consolidate planning for all modes and develop a comprehensive transport masterplan;
- Transport Services – which will ensure transport services cost-effectively meet the current and future needs of customers
- Transport Projects – which will ensure major projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- Freight and Regional Development – which will make sure freight services and facilities meet the needs of the State economy, with particular focus on regional NSW; and
- Policy and Regulation – which will develop and oversight polices and laws pertaining to transport across the State.
A nationwide search will be conducted to appoint heads of the new divisions.
An independent advisory board will be established to advise the Government on planning, delivering and managing the transport system for the NSW community.
RailCorp, Sydney Buses, the RTA and other transport agencies will no longer be responsible for major procurement, long-term planning and policy, and will be restricted to service delivery.