About the role
The Customer Engagement team builds a deep understanding of our customers and how government works and plans and develops the best value services to meet their needs. This team leads the rest of CenITex in the delivery of services to our customers. Due to expansion and internal promotion activities, we currently have two fulltime ongoing opportunities available to join our team.
The primary function of the Customer Engagement Specialist is to engage with allocated customer groups, and technical groups within CenITex, to develop and provide proposals for cost effective technical solutions that meet customer needs. Solutions are required to align with established architectures and designs, standards and guidelines provided for Whole of Victorian Government (WoVG).
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the design of quality, cost effective, robust solutions that have, or address issues with, significant impact on the customer, incorporating the best mix of technology to deliver requirements that meet the needs of the customer
- Responsible for end-to-end proposal development, including quality, viability and customer satisfaction
- As the Customer Subject Matter Expert throughout the full project lifecycle, support outcomes by providing clarity of requirements, prioritisation and ongoing engagement back into the customer organisation through representation in planning, review and project meetings
- Liaise with customer representatives to understand underlying needs, and interpret and document complex business requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Collaborate with multiple senior internal and external stakeholders regarding proposed solutions in order to achieve and maintain ongoing support from both technical and customer groups
- Provide expertise and direction around technical aspects of technical solutions to ensure alignment with relevant architectures and standards
A copy of the full position description can be accessed by clicking the “Apply Now” field.
All employment is subject to satisfactory National Police Record Check and the right to live and work in Australia.
Applications close 30 July 2017.
Applications must include a cover letter and a document addressing the key selection criteria. Please ensure you lodge your application via the job portal in a Word format.
For further information please contact Minna Mathew via email firstname.lastname@example.org.