Media Manager - District Court - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Communities and Justice (View other jobs from this organisation)
Media Manager - District Court
- Competitive salary ranging from $113,343, - $124,901p.a, + super + leave loading
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Generous leave entitlements including flex leave
- Industry leading training and career development
About the organisation
Communities and Justice (DCJ) enables services to better work together to support everyone’s right to access justice, support families and strengthen/bolster the promotion of early intervention and inclusion, with benefits for the whole community.
This exciting opportunity works closely with the District Court Judiciary and liaises with relevant media organisations to ensure effective communication relating to the activities of the District Court. The District Court Media Manager ensures accurate media responses and manages and coordinates the media strategies of the Jurisdiction.
There is a need for high professional standards operating as the key spokesperson for the NSW District Court. The role supports the Chief Judge of the District Court and also reports through to Court Services Head Office. It requires a flexible independent worker with a high degree of communication skills and an understanding of the media and justice landscape. The successful applicant will often need to work with sensitive and confidential material.
About the role
This role is particularly dynamic and involves ongoing interaction with Judicial Officers, the Departmental Communications branch, Media Officers in other jurisdictions (including the Supreme and Local Courts) and working alongside the Department to support the District Court jurisdiction. The requirements of the role include:
- Providing key specialist advice to the Chief Judge and all District Court Judges on media-related issues
- Ongoing interaction with major media organisations responding to their requests and providing information and support in line with the Courts position.
- Ensure that the operations and activities of the court are accurately represented in the media
In addition to meeting the essential requirements, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong capabilities in:
- Providing professional media liaison services whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Researching and developing specialist advice for internal stakeholders on media related issues, and identifying emerging issues.
- Act as principal media contact and/or spokesperson for the District Court and Dust Diseases Tribunal of NSW
- Maintain a network of key contacts with medial organisations, court staff, other public sector agencies and professional bodies
Tertiary qualification in a relevant media/journalism discipline or equivalent demonstrated media / journalism experience within a Government, public relations or media environment.
It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination will be requested prior to commencing employment.
How to apply
Apply online via the DCJ Careers page by submitting a two page cover letter and current resume which outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Prior to submitting your application, please click HERE to view the Role Description.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact: Simon Moore on (02) 8757 1142 or via email Simon.Moore@justice.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: 11th August 2022
A Talent Pool may be created to fill future vacancies and is valid for a period of up to 18 months
If you experience technical difficulties when submitting your application, please call (02) 9765 3526.
Inclusion and Diversity lies at the heart of how we recruit:
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+ and other diversity groups
If you require a reasonable adjustment within the recruitment process, please call (02) 9765 3526 and advise us of your preferred method of communication.
If you are looking for more information about workplace adjustments at DCJ, please visit our Careers site
- Closing Date:
- 11 Aug 2022
- NSW - Sydney
- $113,343, - $124,901p.a, + super + leave loading
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation