This role is a graduate officer position holding tertiary qualification in environmental management / environmental planning and approvals to assist Delivery Authority in the planning and management of the Cross River Rail project.
- Assist the Delivery Authority’s management of all environmental approval conditions as described in the Coordinator-General’s Evaluation Report, and associated Coordinator-General Change Reports for the Cross River Rail project;
- Maintain the Project Approvals and Compliance Register to satisfy Delivery Authority contract management requirements;
- Assist in the updating and implementation of the Delivery Authority’s Environmental Management System;
- Assist with the preparation of environmental assessment documentation to support applications to the Coordinator-General for the evaluation of Requests for Project Change under the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971;
- Review and identify key matters from environmental consultant reports;
- Assist in programming and scheduling environmental audit and review activities for all phases of the project;
- Assist in compiling the monthly and annual reports required under Coordinator-General imposed project conditions;
- Compile and examine project environmental data;
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external correspondence and environmental reports;
- Assist in site inspections to support compliance audit activities associated with environmental management requirements; and
- Research literature and regulatory requirements as requested.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Degree in Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Management (mandatory qualification);
- Ability to build competence in understanding and working with Queensland and Commonwealth environmental legislation;
- Relevant graduate level environmental technical skills associated with interpreting technical documentation;
- Relevant graduate level report writing;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Effective communication skills; and
- Problem solving.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following information for the selection panel to assess your suitability for this role:
- A maximum two (2) page application addressing the key competencies and mandatory qualification requirements;
- Your CV or resume; and
- Copies of relevant mandatory qualifications.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Applications close 22 July 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding this position. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.