This position will deliver the Traffic Management System (TMS) for the European Train Control System (ETCS) Project by providing leadership and strategic solutions to issues to ensure the ETCS Project achieves key milestones, safety responsibilities, business targets and performance measures.
The Traffic Management System (TMS) will be deployed in the Queensland Rail Management Centre and be used by Network Control Officers to control the railway. The Traffic Management System (TMS) includes network control, plan/replan tool (electronic train graph), automatic route setting and vital display.
- As a member of the ETCS Management Team, provide leadership and strategic solutions to key operational issues to ensure the project achieves key milestones, safety responsibilities, business targets and performance measures.
- Supervise and train team members to implement project management procedures to ensure timely completion of the TMS together with reviewing project plans.
- Manage the integration of TMS, ETCS, QR business systems and Universal Traffic Control (UTC) with contractor and stakeholders.
- Provide technical and system engineering management for TMS including assurance process definition, assuring compliance with programme requirements and applicable standards.
- Work with the system Integration team to ensure that system engineering management practices are adhered to, including requirement alignment, defining processes from requirements management to assurance, defining assumptions and validating and using best practice working with the quality management system.
- Contribute to design reviews for value-focused design, verification, integration, validation and commissioning of TMS works associated with the integration of the CRR Project with the existing ETCS Program of work.
- Manage the supplier's establishment, transition and integration of the delivery of the TMS element of the ETCS Project, operating policies, procedures, values, contract and statutory requirements.
- Participate as an integral member of the ETCS Management team to ensure the delivery of an inclusive milestone plan.
- Own and manage TMS delivery risks to achieve the TMS objectives of the ETCS Project.
- Undertake consultation with stakeholders in a collaborative manor to deliver the TMS objectives of the ETCS Project.
- Significant experience of successful TMS implementation in a complex environment, in supplier technical management, design, test and commission of TMS schemes.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementing, specifying and designing traffic management or rail business systems, including timetabling/passenger information and control systems/signalling.
- Experience in preparing and contributing to systems engineering management plans, covering requirements management, assurance and interface management.
- Knowledge of system architectures using TOGAF or similar methodology (this can be demonstrated through previous designing or analyzing).
- Sound interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and influencing multi-disciplinary teams, stakeholders, consultants and contractors to achieve time-critical project objectives.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (or prove eligibility to obtain).