Legal & Commercial Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Screen Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Legal & Commercial Manager
The role will support the Head of Legal & Business Affairs to contribute to the delivery of Screen Queensland’s organisational strategy, with an emphasis on commercial operations and governance. You will be an experienced and committed legal industry professional, with general corporate/commercial experience and a passion for screen and entertainment.
ABOUT SCREEN QUEENSLAND
Screen Queensland is a government-owned company that invests in talent and projects to grow a creative, innovative and successful screen industry with a focus on stories and global audiences, secures production to Queensland, and delivers an active screen culture across the state. www.screenqld.com.au
The ideal candidate will be a smart, nimble and commercially minded lawyer with experience in a general commercial/corporate role and a passion for the screen industry.
The key responsibilities of Screen Queensland’s Legal & Commercial Manager will be to support Screen Queensland’s commercial operations including SQ Studios, sqhub, SQ Trust and the Screen Culture program, and provide general support to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs across Screen Queensland’s content programs and initiatives. You will be coordinating, drafting and updating a variety of commercial documents, terms and conditions and variations while being the main liaison point for the internal teams listed above. You will also provide support to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs across content programs and initiatives as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Provide day-to-day legal support and advice as required from time to time, primarily in relation to commercial operations and corporate governance.
- Provide legal support to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs across Screen Queensland’s content programs and initiatives.
- Manage, draft and negotiate various commercial agreements including leasing and licensing agreements, screen culture funding agreements, sponsorship agreements, workshop agreements, agreements relating to SQ Trust structure and initiatives, and agreements for co-development programs and initiatives.
- Assist with matters relating to right-to-information access requests, defamation, copyright, conflict of interest, confidentiality, litigation, and other legal issues as they may arise from time to time.
- Provide governance support to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs/Company Secretary.
- Assist with creating and maintaining legal precedents and internal governance procedures.
- Where necessary liaise with external counsel on specialist or complex matters that may arise such as litigation, right to information and employment related matters.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor of Laws;
- Minimum of 5 years post-admission experience (PAE);
- Knowledge of and experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
- (i) Corporate/commercial/governance; (ii) entertainment and media law; (iii) banking and finance;
- Significant experience in drafting and interpreting commercial contracts;
- Exposure to in-house legal environments (in government, not-for-profit, film and TV preferable);
- Possess an excellent knowledge of contract law and high level of commercial acumen;
- High level of proficiency in MS Office programs, in particular MS Outlook and MS Word;
- Excellent written and negotiation skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments;
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to manage and prioritise competing demands;
- Outstanding level of attention to detail and drafting skills;
- Ability to integrate with, and contribute to the development of, a small collegiate team;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in governance, policy and working with Company Secretary/Boards preferable.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness benefits
- Dog friendly workplace
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Cover letter (in Word or pdf format) – no more than two pages and it must include a response to the selection criteria above.
- Resume – clearly detailing your skills and experience as relevant to this role. Please include the details of two referees.
For further information, please contact Andrea Coyle, Head of Business & Legal Affairs, on 07 3248 0500.
Applications close 5pm Friday 7 February 2020.
Prospective applicants only please.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Feb 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Part Time