Assistant Director - Safety and Risk - [Archived Advertisement]
ACT Government - Canberra Health Services (View other jobs from this organisation)
Canberra Health Services
Infrastructure and Health Support Services
Health Infrastructure Program
Health Improvement Program
Senior Officer Grade C
Salary Range: $106,043 - $114,146 (PN: 43201)
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Infrastructure and Health Support Services (IHSS) is responsible for the project delivery, maintenance and asset management of Canberra Health Services property portfolio.
The Safety and Risk Section provide specialised advice and oversight on all areas of construction work undertaken for Canberra Health Services. This includes planned and reactive maintenance, minor and major projects undertaken on both brown and greenfield sites. The Safety and Risk Section is involved of all stages of construction from concept, through design, delivery, commissioning and demolition. Frequently, this is undertaken in an operating health care environment and the inherent complex challenges that come along with the environment. The role of the Assistant Director is to provide the Branch with accurate and timely advice to ensure relevant safety legislative requirements are adhered to. This includes review and monitoring of the Infrastructure and Health Support Services (IHSS) Safety Management System and compliance with same by staff and contractors. Additionally, the Assistant Director will assist the Infrastructure Safety and Risk Director with attendance at senior level meetings, briefings and forums.
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry - CPCCOHS1001A (White Card)
- Asbestos Awareness Qualification (10675NAT) or ability to obtain
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or above
- 3+ years working as a safety professional
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Current Senior First Aid
- Risk management experience
- Lead auditor qualification
- ICAM or similar lead investigator
- Recent experience in a multi-disciplinary team in a complex legislatively and standards driven work environment
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au (Ref 01MQI)
Contact Officer: Shannon Keevers (02) 6174 8104 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 04 December 2019
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $106,043 - $114,146
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety