Spinifex Recruiting are currently seeking an Environmental Officer to join a reputable state government department based in Dubbo NSW 2830.
About the role
Implement robust and credible compliance and audit programs within the region that ensures best regulatory practice and the delivery of innovative environmental and conservation outcomes, consistent with relevant policies, practices and statutory requirements.
This position is a temporary assignment and will finish on the 13th of November 2020.
The roster will be Monday to Friday - 35-hour week.
The preferred candidate would ideally specialise or be adept in any of the following skillsets:
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Carrying out ecological or archaeological surveys and assessments.
- Reviewing and applying environmental legislation.
- Auditing or investigating compliance with environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary operational and strategic requirements for undertaking complex compliance programs, audits and investigations.
- Hold ISO 19011 auditor certification or similar or have capacity to obtain such certification within 3 months of commencement in this role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in implementing compliance and regulation in a government or non-government setting.
- Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
- Available for an immediate start.
As this role carries a high degree of decision making and requires a significant level of integrity when conducting regulatory and compliance activities a Criminal History Check is an essential requirement.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position and possess all the necessary requirements, please apply now with your updated resume.
For any further enquiries, please contact Heilala Mill on 02 6862 6061.