Development Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
Development Victoria aims to create a sense of place and prosperity through development, urban renewal and community connection. Development Victoria formally operate as a statutory authority, reporting to a Board.
Development Victoria deliver property and precinct development projects to meet government’s policy objectives and apply its experience and expertise to the delivery of civic projects that enhance our state.
Current projects include Fitzroy Gasworks, Revitalising Central Dandenong, the ongoing development of Docklands and residential developments including Riverwalk and Altona North. It also oversees important civic projects such as the State Library, Flinders Street Station and Melbourne Park redevelopments.
About the team
Our Acquisitions & Advisory team is a multidisciplinary and diversely skilled team. The team is responsible for a range of activities throughout the development life cycle from feasibility and analysis to planning and design.
About the role
The Valuations Coordinator will be responsible for providing high-level professional administrative and project support while also developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with Valuer-General Victoria (VGV).
Key accountabilities include;
- Develop and manage a process to monitor and prioritise the property valuation requirements across the organisation, ensuring all timelines are adhered to.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Valuer General’s office and the Government Land Monitor.
- Assist project teams across the business to submit requests for valuation and Government Land Monitor, tracking progress, coordinating the provision of additional information and ensuring all timeframes are met.
- Coordinate the payment of invoices relating to valuations, including the payment of divisional suppliers where requested.
- Maintain an awareness of risks relevant to area of responsibility and implement effective risk management practices.
- Regularly monitor, review, consult and communicate risks to senior management.
You will have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of other relevant legislation and regulations, including residential codes and controls as they affect property development matters.
- Working knowledge of the Victorian Government Land Transaction Policy and Guidelines
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to self manage where required
- Experience within the field of construction, property development, property management, valuations or a related field
- Experience providing administrative support to a small team of senior professionals, including financial management software and electronic document management systems
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Certificate IV or higher qualification in Business, Administration, Property or relevant discipline
Our culture is one of collaboration and positive contribution, suited to energetic and engaging team players who can readily adapt to changing priorities and bring a service-oriented approach.
We actively encourage sharing of knowledge and best practice across our teams. We respect and value every individual’s talents and contribution and harness these strengths to collectively achieve the kind of results we can all be proud of.
Development Victoria is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to making employment related decisions without bias or discrimination.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete a national police records check prior to an offer of employment being made.
Does this sound like you?
This role in our expanding team is available now and we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. Please ensure you attach your resume and cover letter when applying.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time